The other day we were featured on the TODAY SHOW on a segment about planning an at home spa day. It got me thinking what a great idea that is … especially in winter where we are all feeling a little “blah” and could use a pick me up. I love taking a Sunday afternoon for a little “me” time where I do some DIY beauty treatments at home. It helps if you do a little planning ahead of time.
When planning your at home spa day, why not start off with a personalized spa wrap or waffle weave robe? I know they always make me feel like I am in “spa mode” when I have them on. Ours were featured on the TODAY SHOW for the spa segment.
I love to get ideas from Pinterest for my spa treatments. For some great facial ideas, I love the ideas on this DIY Facial Treatment site. My favorite pick-me-up facial from the site is a great way to revive your skin:
- 4 tbsp coffee grounds (not instant)
- 1/4 cup Plain Greek Yogurt
- 1 tbsp olive oil
(You can substitute the yogurt with whole milk, and substitute the olive oil with honey or lemon juice.)
- Mix all ingredients together in a bowl. The result should be a pasty consistency.
- Apply to face gently, with a circular motion.
- Cover your entire face, excluding the lips and let sit for 20 minutes.
- Rinse with warm water and pat face dry.
What are some at home spa treatments you love? Share your favorites with me in the comments below!