Decoupaging Easter Eggs is simpler than you could ever imagine! Just follow these easy steps from the staff at The Stationery Studio. We sat down in our staff kitchen with some Mod Podge, paintbrushes and our personalized napkins and VOILA! In less than an hour, we had beautifully decorated Easter Eggs. Imagine the possibilities….Our Caspari Napkins left over from the Christmas holidays were perfect for the task. You can re-purpose your custom paper napkins from Birthday Parties, Christmas or Holiday Parties and use them to decorate Easter Eggs with these instructions:
What You’ll Need for Easy Egg Decorating/Decoupaging with Paper Napkins:
Decoupage Tools and Materials:
- Sharp scissors
- Paint Brushes – various sizes
- Paper napkins (we used Bright Lights Pearl Caspari Napkins from TheStationeryStudio.com; $48 per 100)
- Mod Podge (Matte-Mat) glue sealant (available at most craft stores or online)
- Blown-out eggs
How to Blow Out Eggs
1. Pierce both ends of a raw egg using the tip of a paper clip or a sharp-edged knife. Twist gently in holes to widen them slightly, with bottom hole a bit larger.
2. Poke a toothpick into the larger hole; pierce yolk, and stir.
3. Hold egg, larger hole down, over a bowl. Blow air into egg until all the contents are out of the shell. Rinse egg with warm water; drain. Blow air into egg again. Let dry.
How To Paper-Napkin Decoupage
1. Find a napkin design that can be re-purposed for Easter. Trim loosely around the designs on your custom 3-ply paper napkin using sharp scissors. Separate printed top layer; you only need to use the top layer.
2. Coat part of a blown-out white egg with Mod Podge using a small paint brush. Apply 1 cutout design to egg (see pictures above); smooth with brush. Let dry. Repeat, adding designs as desired.
3. Apply Mod Podge with a medium brush to entire egg. Let dry.
Kids and kids-at-heart will love to decorate Easter Eggs with this simple technique. A monogrammed napkin will add a personal touch to your Easter Decor, perfect for centerpieces at Easter brunch and are sure to remain special keepsakes for years to come.