Valentine’s Day will be here in a few weeks. That special day to let loved ones know how much you care about them. While I don’t get too crazy about it, I do love sending my godchildren Valentine’s Day packages with all kinds of goodies. I love knowing they will get a special package just for them (keep in mind these are little kids!). I have been told I am the “best” godmother … mainly because I don’t miss a holiday as an opportunity to spoil my godchildren.
So I thought I would pass along some cute ideas to send to your godchildren no matter what their age! I love to send a little of everything to keep it interesting. Here are a few of my favorite package ideas:
- A mix of candy. I throw in a few suckers, a pez dispenser and ring pops. I think all kids love ring pops!
- A small stuffed animal. Even big kids love them.
- Lip balm or gloss. You can always use a fresh new one (especially in winter).
- A cute notepad and pen. They can doodle or write notes to their friends.
- A cute holiday themed item from the dollar section at Target (or your local dollar store).
Of course, you can always add some homemade cookies, brownies or whatever homemade baked good you’re known for. You don’t have to spend a fortune to send some love! Just be creative and make the package pretty and exciting. I have my daughters decorate the package, but you can always add some cute stickers or stampers. Be creative or look on Pinterest for some good ideas.
Do you have some great ideas of items to send your godchildren? Share them here in our comments! I love to share great ideas.