The Fourth of July is almost here! Kids (and adults) love celebrating by going to parades, waving flags and watching fireworks. It’s a great time to get together with family and friends to have a BBQ or a picnic on the beach. I love when everyone gets patriotic and wears their red, white and blue gear for the day. And when you’re planning fun activities for kids, it can get tricky as many 4th of July activities involve fire and fireworks.
To keep kids entertained and safe, here are some fun ideas of things they can do to celebrate our day of Independence and stay safe:
- Make their own parade! Have kids put on their own 4th of July parade by decorating their wagons, bikes and strollers with festive and colorful ribbons, balloons and paper. They can have a parade in their neighborhood, family gathering or wherever you plan to celebrate. Plan to line-up and cheer them on!
- If it’s hot, a water balloon toss is always a fun and easy way to have fun during your get together.
- If you’re little ones love to doodle, use our free downloadable 4th of July coloring sheet. Let kids color these while you cook and get ready. You can have a coloring contest or just have them display their finished artwork on the wall.
- Stock up on glow sticks! Kids of all ages love glow sticks and there are such cute options including bracelets, necklaces and wands.
- Have kids make their own patriotic cupcakes for the party. Let them decorate the cupcakes with red, white and blue sprinkles and add little flags.
- Grab some face paint and let the kids draw stars, flags and fireworks on each others cheeks and arms. A safe and fun way to enjoy the holiday!
What ideas do you have for kids enjoying the 4th of July? Please share in the comments below! I always love hearing from you.