This is a great time to start thinking about summer camp and creating a check list for those little extra special items you want to send with your little campers. For those of us with children attending an overnight camp, preparation is key. The must-pack lists for clothing, sunscreen, flip flops and hats are readily available. But what about those little extras?
This week we want to share some of our staff favorites for day camp and overnight camp from our staff of moms here! They are just some special touches that will help keep your child organized and will add a bit of style to their experience.
1. Camp Notepads and Camp Stationery are a great way for your child to have easy access to adorable note paper and envelopes, perfect for writing home and for jotting notes while away. Tip: Send your child with about 50 of the notepad sheets and save the rest for the following year!
2. Camp Address labels are pretty perfect for help in return addressing the envelopes. Tip: pre-address and stamp the envelopes to the camper’s parents, grandparents, other relatives and best friends so your camper can simply place his or her note in the envelope and mail them!
3. Bag Tags are personalized and a great way to be sure bags left find their owner! They are generally laminated or printed on heavy acrylic and are a stylish and practical addition. Tip: add one to each duffle bags, tote bag and back pack your camper will be bringing. They are very useful and can be used for years.
4. To help identify items from laundry services, we offer 100% soft cotton fabric Iron-On or Sew-On name tapes. They come on a continuous roll and are easy to use. Tip: These last for hundreds of washes and are fabulous for daycare too if you have younger siblings.
5. Pre-order a Camper Gift and surprise them on the day they leave or mail it to them at the Camp so they get it the first week they are there! Some unique and personalized ideas are gifts that will be very special to them. Tip: include a Tervis water bottle with their name in their duffle bag as a suprise when they arrive! Other ideas are a cute bath wrap, a monogrammed baseball cap, a diary, or a set of Game Notepads to play hangman, tic tac toe and more.
Have fun and happy camping! Visit our Camp Boutique for more great ideas!