The holidays are fast approaching and everyone is so busy getting ready. Holiday cards, presents, parties, baking (need I go on?). The holiday season is also about giving back to those who may not be so lucky to be “busy” with all the things so many of us take for granted. If you’re feeling inspired to give back but not sure where to start, here are a few ideas that may inspire you:
- Host a food drive where you work. You can set up a collection box or site and have employees deliver the items to your local food pantry. Be sure to contact your local food pantry ahead of time to see what they are in most need of.
- Host a blood drive where you work. There is almost always a blood shortage and most blood centers offer mobile services.
- Sign up to help with your local soup kitchen. Helping those in need where you live is a great way to connect with your community.
- Call your local pet shelter and see what supplies they might need (they often are in need of newspapers, blankets and towels). You can clean out your linen closets and help a charity at the same time (win win!).
- Donate your gently used coats to those who don’t have any. Many churches and local food pantries accept donations. You can always find a drop off center at One Warm Coat.
I hope these ideas inspire you to give back this year! The Stationery Studio hosted a food drive for our local food pantry this year for #GivingTuesday. We were honored to help those in our community where we work and many of us live. Along with the food donated, TheStationeryStudio.com gave a monetary donation to help with items they need to stock their shelves.