The 2018 Stationery trends we have identified include a strong trend to nature, featuring big beautiful blooms, natural elements from mother nature and colorful floral designs. These design elements are seen in stationery, note pads, invitations and many other segments from housewares to clothing to event planning.
The bliss of the garden and the forest are playing out all around us this year. And, while it’s probably best to go outside and check out a bit of nature yourself, some of the ideas below are the next best thing.
The 10 trends and themes in 2018 include:
- Florals From peonies to roses, nasturtiums to buttercups, the gorgeous colors of the garden grace items you will adore.
- Watercolors Washes of color make an understanted yet bold statement as background hues on note cards, invitations and more.
- Leaves From the delicate to the intricate, leaves add some botanical bliss to help us feel connected to nature.
- Desert-Themed Florals From cactus to spectacular succulents, the desert blooms are wild yet inviting this season.
- Sprigs of Greenery Ideal accents to entertaining, fabrics, paper design and invitations.
- Enchanted Antlers This fairytale element has been incorported into many design elements this season as they add some whimsical beauty.
- Feathers A stunning and unexpected element, feathers have made their way into floral settings, patterns and prints creating a unique and specific style.
- Woodland Designs From bucks, deer, bunnies to birds, little woodland animals and mushrooms, the forest brings a design element that is safely adventurous and sweet at the same time.
- Wreaths These are not the wreaths of the holiday season, rather they are current and fresh greens that create stylish spring and summer impressions of the garden.
- Whimsical typesetting Big, bold, fun and calligraphic accents add bits of flourishes, swoops and creative splendor to each printed item.
Botanical, woodland and floral themes have made its way to many segments including home decor and more. Imagine the artistry of a large botanical imprint on your bedding, or a perfect peony on your pillow, and what a joy it will be to crawl into the garden every night. Home accents share the love for the lush with calming styles to set the tone for a peaceful night’s sleep.
Clothing, from shirts to shawls to scarves, showcase the beautiful natural themes of the season too. Perhaps it’s a touch of the calm of nature that draws us to these patterns? They are beautiful to look and and even prettier to wear. Make a gorgeous statement this season in your attire with a pop of color from the garden.
From nature’s garden to the beauty deep within the forest, we are seeing more and more of charming woodland elements in paper products and also in other areas, like party planning. This cake is decorated with the woodland animal theme and is beyond adorable for a birthday celebration. The creative fairytale stories told between the fairies, flowers, and the animals of the forest, are perfect for children’s themes, baby showers, birthdays and summer parties. The woodland theme is a classic, yet unique twist that adds enchantment to every event.
Bringing in the outdoor theme into a more formal setting can add a perfect natural element to your entertaining. From an indoor sit-down luncheon to an outdoor celebration, the woodland and greenery theme easily adds charm. Consider clay pots filled with greenery, bark candles with woodland animals to set a casual theme perfect for everything from a whimsical bridal shower to a baby shower or birthday celebration. Try bringing elements of the outdoors to your party through decorations, design elements on desserts, themed balloons, natural centerpieces, and party favors, for a theme that everyone will adore.
A lovely opportunity to the use of nature is at a wedding or bridal event, including engagement parties, bridal showers, rehearsal dinners and receptions. You don’t have to be outdoors to have an event featuring botanical touches. For a more low-key version of the all-out floral centerpieces, try adding gorgeous greenery to chandeliers, live plants in various heights surrounded by candles and select orchid blossoms for centerpieces, leaves with beautiful calligraphy as unique place cards, and washes of greens and natural hues on invitations and reception cards to provide a chic and fresh element.
Party favors like botanical teas wrapped beautifully in personalized tea tins complete the package. Tea sachets are all natural, most certified organic, and mixed from natural ingredients in pyramid sachets. Send your guests home to wonderful cups of tea they can enjoy long after the celebration.
At The Stationery Studio, our exclusive Buttercup Paper line is on trend with its bounty of blossoms, leaves, and woodland accents. Exclusive and beautiful, these styles perfectly adorn the collection of notecards, notepads, sticky cubes, save-the-date cards, Christmas cards, invitations, gift stickers and enclosures. From enchanted forests to gorgeous gardens, pretty florals, charming antlers and feathers to desertscapes, deer and green botanicals, the beauty of the garden is ready for picking.
What’s in bloom, you ask? Anything you want! The trends this year are perfectly designed to bring mother nature into your home and everyday living. These items will always be in season and make gorgeous gifts for birthdays, Mother’s Day, hostess gifts and more. Add a kaleidoscope of color to your life in 2018.