New Trends in Personalized Products
Last week we spent several days at the National Stationery Show which was held in New York City on May 15-18, 2016 at the Jacob K. Javits Convention Center. While there are many product types displayed at the National Stationery Show, of course the mainstay of the show and new product lines remains all things paper: note cards, note pads, invitations, calendars, place cards, place mats, and more. Printed just so and packaged just right, paper products are perfect for gifting.
Wondering about the new trends? So were we when we took off for the show. Now you can be in-the-know too. The show featuring all things paper boasted several trends, which was the talk on the show floor. As far as trends this year, many were standouts. There were six trends that will certainly be prevalent in the year ahead:
(1) There was the gorgeous use of watercolors on everything from note cards to note pads to invitations, moving cards and home decor.
(2) An extensive use of foil accent wording on products and design elements too. Foil is everywhere and mostly shown in gold but other colors are around as well.
(3) There were large hand-lettered phrases and words all over many products, like a bride & groom’s name, or everyday wording such as “hello”, “thanks for everything”, “between friends” and unlimited other imprints. These fun bold and dynamic imprints set the tone for so many new and existing product lines for 2016. You’ll see these in big box stores featuring pre-printed products and on custom personalized items which are more exclusive.
(5) There was an undertone of the quirky and slightly outrageous wording and designs appearing on everyday classics such as mugs, journals, note cards, and gift items. Quirky (sometimes risque) phrases on items sets a tone for a segment of custom products. This can include phrases printed on an item or design elements.
(6) High end letterpress and engraving and thick gorgeous stocks are still a prominent category for those who enjoy the specialty printed products and the finer things. The use of luxurious touches to invitations, announcements and eve holiday cards marks a trend back to quality presentations for those that appreciate elegance.
We browsed through luxury leather goods, frames, journals, calendars, back-to-school, jewelry, stationery, address labels, self-inking stampers, note pads, invitations, announcements and all things personalized. I’ve included some of the awarded best of show items for you to peek at. Many of the new items we viewed in New York will begin appearing on TheStationeryStudio.com in the next few months, whether they be award winners or items we feel should be best in show. You can expect to see hundreds of new products we think you’ll simply love.
We are still celebrating the world of beautiful paper items and can’t wait to go through all the new lines soon to come. Fun, fresh, unique, these stand-outs will certainly beckon you as you browse through our website. Bright colors, foiled products, many embellishments and great basics will be the fresh take in 2016.
Keep browsing our New Products over the summer and fall and we really think you will enjoy what you see!
Tags: foil stationary, foil stationery, foiled stationary, foiled stationery, hottest stationery, items, new note cards, new notecards, new stationery items, new statonary, personalized paper gifts, trends in stationary in 2016, trends in stationery, watercolor stationary, watercolor stationery