Recipe for Pumpkin Pie Squares
Pumpkin Pie Squares from the TSS Staff Kitchen Favorites
Makes 20 bars (Serving size is one bar)
Prep time: 30 minutes
Baking time: 45- 50 minutes
The leaves are starting to fall and that can only mean one thing: delicious pumpkin recipes! One of our graphic designers brought these Pumpkin-Pie Squares in to our test kitchen and they didn’t last long. The squares are perfect to serve on one of our personalized napkins to add a special touch to a festive fall party. TheStationeryStudio.com has all the party-planning products – from invitations to favor bags. Planning the dessert menu is simple with this recipe:
1 cup flour
½ cup quick dried or rolled oats
¼ cup brown sugar blend (Splenda)
1 ½ Tablespoons butter, at room temperature
1 Tablespoon canola oil
1 Tablespoon apple juice
1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin
1 (12 ounce) can fat-free evaporated milk
6 Tablespoons sugar blend for baking (Splenda)
½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon ginger
1 teaspoon cinnamon
¼ teaspoon cloves
1 Tablespoon butter, at room temperature
2 Tablespoons brown sugar blend (Splenda)
¼ cup chopped pecans
- In a mixing bowl, combine flour, dry oatmeal, and ¼ cup brown sugar blend. With a pastry cutter, blend oil and butter into the dry topping until crumbly. Pour in apple juice and stir with a fork until the mixture is evenly moistened.
- Spread in a greased 9×13 inch baking pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine pumpkin, evaporated milk, eggs, sugar blend for baking, salt, ginger, cinnamon, and cloves in the same mixing bowl.
- Pour over baked crust. Return to oven and bake for 20 minutes.
- Combine 1 Tablespoon butter, 2 Tablespoons brown sugar blend, and pecans. Sprinkle over pumpkin filling. Bake an additional 15 to 20 minutes.
Source: Fix-It and Enjoy-It Diabetic Cookbook